Three Bedroom Villa for sale In Agios Athanasios, Limassol - Title Deeds (New Build Process)
Three bedroom state-of-the-art villa boasting high technical standards with panoramic sea views.
- 3 bedrooms, 2 of which have a covered balcony. The built in wardrobes are finished with imported Italian sliding doors
- En suite shower rooms to all bedrooms and guest WC
- Open plan living - dining - kitchen area
- Double glazed energy efficient windows throughout
- Thermal insulation
- Internal areas are finished with imported marble floor finishes
- The kitchen is fitted with bespoke Italian units, granite worktops and fitted with Miele appliances
- Under floor heating in all areas
- Front door audio - video entry unit with colour monitors, closed circuit TV digital system and intruder and fire alarm systems in all areas
- Electrically operated carport gates and garage doors
- Basement with utility and storage rooms
- Domestic lift allowing access to all floors of the villa
- Private swimming pool
- External seating area with BBQ facilities
- External storage areas and washing facilities
- Landscaped gardens
- Covered area from 192 to 232 m²
- Covered verandas from 18 to 56 m²
- Plot from 520 to 954 m²
- 5 minutes to local amenities
- 45 minutes to either Larnaca International Airport or Paphos Airport
- Suitable for Cyprus Permanent Residency - Fast Track
- Subject to VAT
- Energy Efficiency A
Agios Athanasios is a municipality in the Limassol province and it is built 3 kilometres northeast of the city, in a small valley with hills.
The Municipality of Agios Athanasios today (2018) is considered to be one of the most developed areas of Limassol. The history of the village dates back to the early Modern Greek times. Early in the middle of the century it was a small rural community that evolved into a small village with 400 inhabitants. Since the Turkish invasion of 1974, the population has more than doubled, creating two refugee settlements that host around 6,000 refugees. In 1986 the village was declared a municipality. Today, the Municipality of Agios Athanasios combines the advantages of the old traditional village and the comforts of a modern city. Today's population reaches 13000 inhabitants. The then small rural community of Agios Athanasios had poor agricultural production since the territory of the area was barren and rocky. Nevertheless, the inhabitants were confined to agriculture and, above all, livestock farming. The farmers of the village were mainly grains and carobs. The livestock farmers had flocks of goats and sheep. Additionally, some residents were engaged in the work of plastering stonework and the well-known stone matzagana, which was used to build homes and churches, others with the construction of lime and others were woodcutters and provided the city of Limassol with firewood. Today, the municipality of Agios Athanasios is no stranger to huge buildings, industrial tourism and economic development. There is an industrial zone in the area where more than 110 industrial units with a workforce of more than 2500 are in operation. On the south-eastern side of the municipality, there is a coastal area where there are hotel units, tourist apartments and many tourist and other businesses, services, shopping centres.
Additionally the municipality of Agios Athanasios has leisure centres, restaurants, banks, shops, two kindergartens, three schools of primary education, two high schools, a high school, a municipal mansion and a cultural centre.
In the centre of Agios Athanasios dominates the new church of Agios Minas, built in 1900, as evidenced by a relative slab inside the temple. It is a stone-built church. The old church of Agios Athanasios and Kyrillos, built in the 17th century, is built in the square of the village. This is a chapel with hagiographies.
Finally, there is also the church of Agios Athanasios and the monastery of the Holy Monastery of Sfaglaziotissa.
Among the remarkable sights of the village is the cultural centre, which is a traditional building of more than 100 years, whose rehabilitation was completed a year ago and it is used for weddings, exhibitions, lectures, etc.
In addition, the old houses of the village, which mingle with the modern houses, are built with stone of the area, the well-known mitchangana as well as the fountain of Sfaglaziotissa.